Friday, November 6, 2009

Past week, aka Halloween



Hope everyone's last week was Awesome! Halloween actually was entertaining, it was our 2nd day into the work week and my crazy tent mate Ash, made decorations to our tent very Halloweenie. One of the guys from camp saved a watermelon from the day off and carved an Indiana Jones silhouette as a pumpkin design. I'm upset I didn't take a picture, but nothing too exciting happened. The weather at camp is changing we are now wearing beanies to site and we found a small woman figurine that is still being dated. Moving on to the 2nd month here in Jordan, days are blurring together.

Okay so I'll leave you with this hillarious story..My guy friends from the adjacent site Area R learn Arabic daily from the
bedouin, they are in my mind fluent in Arabic, because of their extensive vocabulary and vulgar slang. I never bother asking what they are talking about unless another kid throws a rock at me and a cuss word might come in handy. So that's the backstory...the other day we had a huge sandstorm during our siesta time at camp and a baby kitten snuck in to their tent (the boys). I hate cats and often make jokes with the other hungry campers of cooking them if I found one. But this kitten was adorable, white blue eyes and so helpless. We argued with each other about keeping it or letting it go. Then Johnny the sentimental one gave it a name, the first sign of ownership..Zebe...Kam fed it and called it Optimus Prime..Zebe sounded cuter to me. So I silently agreed. They only kept the kitten for a day and was forced to let it go. The next day at site my supervisor who loves to gossip was telling the story of the boys and the kitten on our site. I chimed in and commented "oh my pet kitten Zebe", everyone bursts out into laughter. Zebe means my penis in arabic. FML. Thank god the bedouin weren't around or I'd get some serious strange looks. This story has now circled the camp and a good story among the staff. Moral of the story don't trust the boys and their arabic. Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment