Friday, November 6, 2009

Day 3 Petra


Finishing up our Petra weekend, I finally got the dirt out of my ears and my hair back to life..wish this feeling could last longer.
Today we went off the beaten path of tourists on a mission to find some Roman temple. The trail involved climbing and weaving through the sandstone maize, which looked like a Gaudi dream. After our wandering adventure me and ash stopped for one last meal at the Movenpick, pina colada and a burger..it feels weird to live in Jordan deprived of all American culture, cuisine and lifestyle. Being at the Movenpick makes me enjoy a little civilization with a capital C.
I am not looking forward to being back at camp and the routine. We have like 3 weeks left and people are getting a little crazy, it's hard not to when we are around the same people, the sandstorms and the routine makes everyone cranky. But there are times where we snap out of this mode, such as watching the sunrise at site or watching the sunset on the rooftop of the lab or seeing 47 camels herded through the wadi and now I can add the Petra sights. Everything is so different here, I am starting to babel Arabic in my sleep. Next week is Amman, I can't wait for shopping and more real food.

1 comment:

  1. damn 3 Weeks?! time flew didn't it. i caught up on all of your blog. miss you!! and hope you enjoy the rest of your time!

    ReplyDelete