Friday, November 13, 2009

Idiom mafi shogal- today no work



So this last week we got hit with food poisoning from our cooks, 9 people were absent from site, it was rough. I fought with it and was out for half day, but recovered thank God. 'Cause no food intake in the desert is deadly.

We got the figurine dated that we found the previous week, it is from 3rd intermediate period. It is one of the Egyptian gods, Pytykos(sp?), similar to Bes.

I made good friends with the bedouin from the Azasme tribe at site, mostly Ouda- we have choppy convos in Arabic and sand picture drawings. I found I have a sense of humor even with the language barrier. I've been learning animals names this week. By the end of the trip I hope to advance to a child's level of Arabic, inshallah.

Oh! Also, there were two helicopters that went over site this week freaked me out, but I guess that's King Abdullah, so I waved like all the bedouin did. The Israeli army also decided to do some artillery practice in the Wadi I forgot how close we were to Israel until I heard the loud booms, scary. I think that is about it, two more weeks left. I wish I could tell you they are going to fly, but chances are I will be drained, because the pressure is on to finish excavation. This is gonna be rough. Miss you. Ma'salama

No comments:

Post a Comment