Thursday, October 22, 2009

WE FOUND A SCARAB!!!!!!


So finally the weekend, We are currently in Madaba, known for their Byzantine Mosaics. We will make our way to Mt. Nebo, Biblical site, and then head to the Dead Sea to uh, float. Yesterday in the first hour of our digging we found a Scarab!! It's no bigger than a dime, perfect hieroglyphs and the best part about it, it was headed for the trash pile of dirt. We caught it at the screening section and just like that we have text to support our tenth century fortress. During our off time at the camp we have a nightly ritual swapping travel stories with music and hookah. It's a really chill group and I enjoy them. Our hotel this weekend is Awesome it has a pool which I drunkenly decided to go swimming in last night along with some others I recruited during our hotel party. It felt like swimming in snow, but can't take advantage of any amenity when you live in the desert. Oh yeah and I'm getting better with my arabic by the day, thanks to my bedouin friends. Oh yeah and I almost forgot My pictures were published in my good friend Ashley Richter's article, check out the link...http://archive.cyark.org/ruins-of-jerash-field-report-conservation-and-tourism-blog
And we are doing a weird duo of vlog-ing for her company Cyark, this should be interesting. Miss you all, masalama.

No comments:

Post a Comment