Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Kwais-good


This week has been pretty routine-excavate, lab work, food and reading..Our site is AWESOME! I'm in a corridor of the building and so far have found pottery, shells, bones, and today a human tooth! This past week we have encountered our first snake at site and a scorpion in someone's tent . This is a tough job, rewarding, but tough. Don't think I could do this with my life, but on the upside my tent roomie works for a historical archaeology firm dealing with photo imagery of famous archaeological sites and she wants some of my photos to publish with her research project for Jordan...meaning my photo will be in an archaeology journal with credit to meee! I'm stoked, leaning towards a jornalism/photography side of anthropology possibly, in my process of narrowing down for a master's. The food here is getting OLD and the constant heat from wearing modest clothing is hard to adjust to. I like Jordan, the bedouin, the roaming camels in the Wadi, just could never live here. Next week we are going to Madaba, Mt. Nebo, and the Dead Sea. I don't plan on updating until the week after next, since I will be so busy. But after that is Petra for 3 days! Currently I am in Aquaba again, enjoying my day off. Until next time, Shokran.

2 comments:

  1. G! Why do I just now become aware of this blogidy blog? Well I just finished catching up on your posts, so I'll keep following from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had fun catching up on what you're doing, although your Mom tells us the great stuff, like getting a credit on your photo!

    Kathy from the office

    ReplyDelete