Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I am a magnet for odd experiences

Second day of lab, We again wait for our daily outdoor seminar, when our bedouin friend Solomon (neighbor lives next door to lab), kindly greets us as his kids run around playing soccer through tree brush, streets, and concrete. Very sweet kids, unlike the devil ones down the street aiming for ankles. I met Solomon earlier in the lab, he offered me tea as I tried to tell him the story of my braced foot in broken Arabic. Anyways, back to the story we were sitting on the wooden benches wasting time, as he came over and introduced his 5 month old, I didn't catch her name. He walks right up to me and plops her down on my lap says " No mommy or daddy, you". I laugh as everyone did, he's a jokster. Then he walks away, here's a mental picture, me carrying this big baby, it starts crying he goes inside his house, which sets in the very uncomfortable joke. LOL. I was first honored, then as he left I started to wonder how in the hell will I get through customs with a baby. After he came back with her I was finally able to see the humor in his joke. But can't help but wonder, Why do these things always happen to me?

1 comment: